I tried various chestnut soup recipes (which included some famous recipes from hotels meals) and created my own. My family and I love my version. This is really a Yummy Chestnut Soup!
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 small potatoes or 1 big potatoe
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- butter- matchbox sized amount
- 1 lt boiled meet broth.
- 2 packs of cooked chestnuts- 400 gr. (If you can not find cooked ones than you can boil the chestnuts and peel off the skin and use 400 gr of them without skin.)
- 2 teaspoon vegeta seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if you do not use vegeta add more salt because vegeta includes salt)
- 2/3 teaspoon black pepper
- liquid creme
Cut out the bottom part of the celery stalks. Even though I washed them very well, they still remain dirty.
Chop the celery sticks into small pieces.
Chop the onion and garlic.
Melt the butter in a pot.
Fry celery stalks and chopped onions, they shouldn’t get brown.
Cut the potato into big cubes.
Add the chestnuts and potato in the pot.
I always boiled unused meat parts and freeze the water for my soups. So here I added 1 lt meat broth.
Let them cook until the potatoes are done. Check them with a fork, if they easly cut then they are done.
Use a hand blender until the soup is smooth.
Mmmm very yummy, I promise! You can serve it with chopped parsley or chopped chestnuts.