Roasted Turkey Stuffing Recipe is my mother-in-law’s recipe and I love it.
I¨ll try to explain every step with pictures.
- 2 packs (400 gr) of cooked chestnuts. (if you can not find cooked chestnut you can buy chestnut and boil them. After you peel of the skin it should be 400 gr.)
- 1 big onion (I used 2 small onions)
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 stalk parsley
- butter (apprx. 1 matchbox size amount)
- 5 slices white toast bread
- cranberries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cut out the bottom part of celery stalk. Even if when I wash them very carefully they still remain dirty.
Then cut them into small pieces.
Chop the onions.
Put the butter in a big pan and add the onion and celery stalks.
On low heat fry them. They should not turn brown.
In the meanwhile cut off the sides of the toast slices. (We use them for bird/duck food later 🙂 )
Cut the bread in cubes.
Mince the parsley.
Then add chestnuts. Fry for 1 minute.
Add the bread cubes.
Pour some liquid creme in it.
Bread cubes should get wet, I used approx. 250 ml creme.
Finally add minced Parsley and cranberries.
Now you can stuff the turkey!
You can find my favourite turkey recipe here: Roasted Turkey