This turkey and stuffing recipe have been within our family for centuries. The last couple of years I tried roasting it myself. Of course I might add, they turned out to be very delicious every time!
What you need is:
- A turkey
- stuffing (you can find the recipe here: stuffing recipe )
Fill the turkey with stuffing. You can find the recipe here: turkey stuffing
Place it in the pre-heated oven and roast it until its done.
Here are the measurements for open roasting stuffed turkeys (without the cooking bag/foil):
- 3,5 to 5,5 kg – 170°C – 3 hours to 3 hours 30 mins.
- 5,5 to 6,5 kg – 170°C – 3 hours 30 mins to 4 hours
- 6,5 to 8 kg – 170°C – 4 hours to 4 hours 15 mins.
- 8 to 9 kg – 170°C – 4 hours 15 mins to 4 hours 45 mins.
- 9 to 10,5 kg – 170°C – 4 hours 45 mins to 5 hours 15 mins.
For unstuffed turkeys of the same weight, reduce the total cooking time by 15 to 30 mins.
Then serve with mashed potatos and gravy.
For the Gravy: