This is one of my favourite recipes; Polar Bear Coconut Cupcakes. It is really easy to decorate and kids like them a lot! I bake it usually on cold winter days but it is so tasty so rainy day works too 😉
Coconut Cupcake Recipe:
- 100 g butter (room temp.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk (if you have fresh coconut juice mix it with milk. Both should be 1 cup together)
Preheat oven to 175°C
I mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then combine them.
Fill each cupcake cup about 3/4.
Bake for 25 to 35 mins. until they are done. (check with toothpick, poke it half way into cupcake when it comes out clean then it’s done)
- 200 g cream cheese
- 150 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 250-350 gr powder sugar (amount depends on consistency of the cream cheese)
- approx. 1 cup shredded coconut
- melted chocolate
- flat round pink sprinkles or pink sugar paste for tongue
- white sugar paste or marshmallow
- crunchy chocolate beads for eyes
Put shredded coconut in a small bowl.
After the cupcakes cools, add some frosting on it with a small spatula. Then carefully dip it in the coconut shreds bowl.
Cut small pieces from marshmallow (or sugar paste). Make 2 small balls for ears and 1 small ball for nose. With a toothpick add one drop melted chocolate on the nose.
Put one flat round pink sprinkle under the nose.
Add eyes and it is done, mmmh!