Lemon Barbie Cake is my second barbie cake and I enjoyed preparing it more this time 🙂
I will not explain how I made the barbie cake itself this time but if you want to learn, here is my first barbie cake tutorial, which explains everything step by step: Barbie Cake tutorial
Here you can find everything about the Lemon Barbie Cake (Lemon cake recipes).
- 2 lemons zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs- add one at a time
- 75 g butter- at room temparatur
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
Add everything in the order above.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter- at room temperatur
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2,5 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
Mix together the sugar and eggs then add the butter.
In another bowl mix together: flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest
Then combine the mixtures and add the rest of the ingredients.
I used 3 times the amount of this recipe for the barbie cake. I had 1 extra layer of cake more just in-case something happens. It makes 6 round cakes total, when you use a 18 cm cake pan.
- 200 g butter room temperature
- 200 gr cream cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 4 to 5 cups confectioners sugar
Then start to decorate the barbie cake.